Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

End of Bobo's breast feeding era?

Another raining day... Today is Bobo's the last day at Riitta's place, and tomorrow she will return to her own group family daycare. Yesterday I was given some photo memories of her 12 day staying. It seems she enjoys it.

During our staying in Shanghai, breast feeding is such important in her daily routine. Perhaps because of the hot climate, she intended to find great comfort. Neighbors in SH are often shocked after hearing that Bobo is still on breast feeding. On the other hand, it's quite natural thing here. Many babies are breastfed untill age of 1 or 2, even later. United Nations recommended to age of 3. It seems not an easy task to accomplish for many working mums. I was breastfed till age of 18m. Thanks to MUM :-).

Bobo wasn't eating well as I hoped in SH. I was told that perhaps she is addicted to breastfeeding; and refused to eat main food properly. I was constantly told by daycare ladies; Bobo eats rather well. Since I never seen, I am not sure who shall I believe? My eyes or their words.

I was skeptical about ending breast feeding. So I thought to give a try after we returned to Finland. Weather is way cooler. Bobo feels more comfortable. During the first few days, I missed the moment. Be honest, I feel strong bound with Bobo during breast feeding. I know she has to quit one day, it's just matter of time. 19m of breastfeeding is not bad. Bobo calls "奶奶", when she gets sleepy or anxious. I have to distract her with her favorite teddies or toys. Just finding something interesting to let her forget breastfeeding.

Today is the 12th. day after I stopped breastfeeding. Reality proofs she has managed it, and managed very well. I am glad the thing turns out smoothly...


(Bobo my dear darling... the happy nut)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

我认识的芬兰人,母乳喂养几乎到孩子3岁。。 嘿嘿。。。 bobo 的照片太少了。。

thkiat said...

We plan to BF baby as long as possible too but too bad the maternity leave here (Malaysia) is too short (2 months only)and most of the companies do not have any room for mother to express milk :-( BF for more than 2 months is really a big challenge here :-S Finland, a very caring government and Mimi, a wonderful mother :-)

Mimi said...

Thank you Teh! All the best to Jasmine and the baby... Please keep me posted!