Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 10, 2008

别动 (don't move) !

Long time no see...

I haven't forgotten my little blog yet, just because I have been SO busy. Gosh, finally it is getting better after February project manager exam. Now I am officially a certified international project manager (level C) :-P http://www.ipma.ch/certification/Pages/default.aspx

With my evening business studies have only 2 courses to go, I already can see the sunshine bursting out from the dark winter.

Bobo has developed dramatically on her language skill. She is able to communicate with Daddy in Finnish quite well. Chinese seems to be a big challenge. She hasn't been keen to speak in it. I have been encouraged her to at least say some simple words, like
苹果, 西瓜, 桔子, 葡萄, 芒果, 巧克力, 冰淇凌. These are the things she love to eat. I have emphasized if she says these words in Finnish in Shanghai, 外婆 won't understand so you won't get any of them. Usually after that she is happy to repeat them.

Our apartment is a four floor building, we live in the second floor. Each time going out and coming back, we are worrying about the stairs. Constantly I have been telling Bobo, don't move I will carry you. If you fell, you will get "Pipi" (hurt in kids slang).

Last Saturday coming back from library and shopping, Bobo suddenly said to me "
别动" (don't move in Chinese). At first I wasn't sure what the word was exactly, then she repeated "别动" and started to climb the stairs. At the same time she looked at me to make sure that I don't follow her, what I always been doing while she climbs the stairs. I decided to let her have a go, though wasn't sure if she can make it. With one hand tightly holding on the railing, Bobo finally reached the second floor. "Jiippi!" I cheered. Bobo gave a happy big smile in return.

No comments: