Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Toys

Yesterday I was reading an article about how useful the toys other parents have bought for their kids.

Hmmm, what about Bobo's toys?

We usually buy some toys when we visit Shanghai. As you know, most of toys in the market nowadays are Made in China. Daddy bought 2, mumma Kati and grandpa OB bought a few, and some we got from friends...

One of Bobo's favorites is book. She has always been enjoying "reading" them, both fabric and hard paper books. Fabric books are fun! They are colorful, draggable, and quite often even make sounds. Lately she has more interests on paper books. I have joined one of my favorite Finnish children book writer Mauri Kunnas's (http://www.maurikunnas.net) book club. Each month we receive one of his books. God! They are funny and I love those drawings. I wish I could be that talented. One of my dream profession is being an cartoon painter. Damn, books in Finland are expensive. Matter in fact, everything is expensive! I don't dare let Bobo "read" real paper books yet. You know, she intends to destroy them quickly. Daddy sometime reads for her. Lately he is so busy with work and our house project, hasn't got much time for a while. Bobo would drag her book and demanding we read with her. Those paper books have thick pages, it's not so easy for her to tear. However every now and then, she still gives few bits.

Fisher-price walking monkey is not interesting to Bobo. She played bit while she was half year old crawling around. Now she dislike the noise that monkey makes, and push it away. I have to hide it under the kitchen table.

Bobo likes Lego. I bought Duplo zoo series from the net. I find it's the best let her learn new things via book figures and real objects. She calls zebra "Hepa", heheee.

Wooden intelligence box which helps to learn shape and color is not her favorite either. She gets angry and frustrated after few times fail to put right block through the hole. Then she would make angry voice and throw it away. I don't know if most kids in her age are impatient. At least Bobo is. I hope she will become a patient person like her Daddy, since I am not.

Waving horse and waving chair have brought more fun lately. Bobo is able to climb by herself. Though I shall not let her do so. She might fell down and hurt herself. Almost each daycare and community playing yard has a swing. I guess she finds the excitement of swing from there.

Bobo has too many toys. Compare to my childhood I would say she is bit spoiled. She calls her name and points to the object she likes. So far she hasn't behaved so badly in a toy store. I am not sure when she would refuse to put down one toy and scream "I want that"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

别光败。。多上点bobo的照片。。。 秀啊。。